OpenText StreamServe has a lot going for it and there is plenty it can do, but there are a few missing pieces.
Have you ever wanted to:
- Read in data from an Excel spreasheet.
- Output data in a formatted Excel spreadsheet.
- Read from, or output to a SFTP server.
- Read from a read only FTP server with a memory of which files have been processed.
Shell Energy Europe did, so we created some Java plugins for StreamServe to do the above!
The highlights include:
- The plugins are configurable from the OpenText StreamServe Design Center, so no further knowledge of Java is required.
- The plugins are just normal input and output connectors, so easy to design to.
- Java based plugin: This calls the Apache POI
- Apache POI: Easily create beautiful Excel spreadsheets using Java, why keep all that data in a database when you can create a spreadsheet?
- Apache Commons VFS: A must have library when you connect to SFTP and FTP servers!
- Maven: Maven makes getting libraries and updates so easy, why shouldn’t we use it!
If you want more information about our OpenText StreamServe extensions, please contact us.